BEFORE SCHOOL CARE (BSC)
The before school care program operates from 7-9am on the grounds of Leichhardt Public School (120 child care places). Children begin their day with arts & games before partaking of a nutritious breakfast, after which they can head outside for some more active play. Children attending St. Fiacre’s are walked to school by a staff member at 8:30am, Leichhardt PS children are signed out for school at 9am. Children are split into 2 program areas: Junior (Kindy- Year 2) and Senior (Year 3-6).
AFTER SCHOOL CARE (ASC)
The after school program operates from 3-6 pm at Leichhardt PS (180 childcare places) and St.Fiacre’s (68 places). Children enjoy a varied & nutritious afternoon tea before beginning the afternoon´s activities. Kids are encouraged to choose how they would like to spend their leisure time from the sport, craft, and cooking activities on offer. The program is split into 3 program areas: Primary (Kindy & Year), Junior (years 2-3) and Senior (years 4-6).
The parent management committee aims to keep fees comparable to other area services. Permanent rates are charged for days that stay the same from week to week, while casual rates apply to days booked as a “one off” or on an irregular basis.
|Permanent Daily Rate||Casual Daily Rate|
|2019 Before School Care||$15.75||$17.75|
|2019 After School Care||$23.60||$25.60|
Child Care Subsidy (CCS) commenced on 2 July 2018, it:
- replaces the Child Care Benefit (CCB) and Child Care Rebate (CCR) with a single, means-tested subsidy
- is paid directly to providers to be passed on to families
- is targeted and provides more assistance to low and middle income families. To determine your CCS eligibility and entitlement, please check out this Child Care Subsidy Information
Eligibility is linked to Child Immunisation under the No Jab No Pay program.
|Before School Care||1-6PX-3509|
|After School Care||1-6PX-3453|
|St Fiacre´s After School Care||1-E2JKH|
What you need to do:
- Register with Family Assistance Office
- Read the 2018 Family Handbook
- Apply for LOOSH Association Membership
- Sign and complete the 2019 Consent Form
- Register for My Family Lounge in 3 Simple Steps Step 1 Families who have attended this service before and are NEW to My Family Lounge – Please contact the service to receive your unique Login.For NEW families to our service who have NOT used My Family Lounge before, click on REGISTER option to create your My Family Lounge account.For families who have an EXISTING My Family Lounge account, skip the registration process and go to step 2Step 2
Log into your MFL account and tell us about you, your child and what bookings you are after so we can help you out.Step 3
If you have requested a permanent booking for Before or After school care, we will come back to you and advise if we have a spot available for your child. If we have a spot, we will email you an Offer. Simply accept the offer, complete and submit your child’s Enrolment form online to confirm your child’s spot.Easy as 1…2…3Visit myfamilylounge.com.au to see how this amazing parent portal will benefit you and step by step videos on how to use it, we do not offer casual days via MFL.
If you are a current family requesting changes to bookings (cancelling/adding days), change contact info or add a younger sibling to the waiting list please sign in to My Family Lounge and follow these prompts.
If your child will attend tutoring, sports, band or any other program that requires them to leave our care for part of the program please complete the Special Arrangements Permission Form
If you need a copy of Acrobat reader, you can download it for free here.