Leichhardt Out of School Hours (LOOSH) is a parent-run not for profit organisation, established in 1988 in the grounds of Leichhardt Public School, which strives to provide quality out of school hours care to school age children in our community. Approximately 500 families rely on LOOSH to provide Before School, After School & Vacation Care at Leichhardt Public School & After School Care at St. Fiacre’s Primary School.
1.1 Leichhardt Out Of School Hours Philosophy
Leichhardt Out Of School Hours (LOOSH) is a not for profit incorporated association, managed by its members and led by dedicated, professional staff. Its primary role is to provide a safe and nurturing environment for children which enables parents/carers to pursue work, study/training or other activities.
LOOSH is a professional and accredited service that strives to offer quality care in a child-focused environment. At LOOSH we:
- Value the role of play. This is as demonstrated through the wide variety of supervised recreational activities we offer that support learning and encourage children to express themselves and their opinions. Play helps the children to develop self-reliance and build self-esteem.
- Create a positive atmosphere that fosters the particular social, emotional, creative and physical development of middle childhood in primary school-aged children.
- Value equity and promote a fair and inclusive environment where all children, families and staff are treated as equal and valued individuals, and confidentiality is respected.
- Are inclusive of diversity, fostering awareness, respect and empathy and supporting the interaction between people with different cultural, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds. We cater for the differences in age and the physical and intellectual development and abilities of each child.
- Cater for the physical wellbeing of children by providing tasty and healthy food that adheres to the Australian Guide to Healthy Eating.
- Strive for continuous improvement and reflection through staff professional development and training in order to provide the best quality care.
|HOURS OF OPERATION|
|Before School Care||7:00am- 9:00am|
|After School Care||3:00pm- 6:00pm|
|Vacation Care||7:30am- 6:00pm|
|DET Pupil Free Days||7:30am- 6:00pm|